What should you do when your El Paso home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your home – and your loved ones – against the multitude of risks you might experience, like burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Despite the fact that your home may be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your El Paso home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm can be startling, confusing, and may cause panic. Your best option is to stay composed and adhere to these simple tips.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In El Paso Triggers
It’s a situation nobody wants to encounter, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been tripped. What is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the most effective way to evaluate the situation. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone but instead let your monitoring professionals and first responders carry out their job.
- Protect your family. Your priority should be your loved ones and moving them out of harm’s way. In the case of a burglary, this might include proceeding to a predetermined safe zone as far from points of entry as possible. Chances are your alarm immediately scared off the trespasser, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to exit your residence without delay.
- Remember your phone. In this day and age, almost all individuals take their phones constantly with them, but you might fail to take it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the chance to stay in touch with your monitoring specialists and receive notifications through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in El Paso goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will spring to action. Their first step is to validate your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The guideline they adhere to depends on the kind of emergency. For instance, if a medical emergency is initiated, a single effort will be made to reach you before help is sent out. If you have a break-in - the most typical type of alarm - a monitoring specialist will follow these guidelines to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you using the touchscreen interface. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt is not successful, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, nearby law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will try to reach you again after emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not able to communicate with the monitoring team, don't worry. Support will still be dispatched even if you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Be prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in El Paso
Get prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in El Paso from Vivint. Call (915) 465-3064 to begin the customization of your property’s security today.