How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your El Paso smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in total control of your El Paso home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and explore suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in El Paso help you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular capability for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can perform:
- Review current or recorded footage from your linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in El Paso by implementing schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open door will urge you to act. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in El Paso
Although multiple users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the information to send an request.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new El Paso smart home. Contact (915) 465-3064 to learn more.